Monday, May 16, 2011

William Shakespeare

my english literature prof said, "If you has never learned Shakespeare, don't ever tell me that you have taken english literature."

see how Shakespeare takes a main role in english literature?

I learned Sonnet 18, Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Days? in the high school.... like it... but really don't understand what it means... well~ i was only 14.

and i have learned more Shakespeare's sonnets in this semester....
sonnet 73- That Time of Year Thou Mayst in Me Behold
sonnet 116 - Let Me Not to the Marriage of True Minds
sonnet 130 - My Mistress' Eyes are Nothing Like the Sun

Just realized that Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Days is Shakespeare's most famous sonnet. There were 154 sonnets which were written by Shakespeare were published in 1800s. Yet, people do believe that he had composed more than 154 sonnets....

Well-known Romeo and Juliet is also written by Shakespeare and then, Shakespearean Tragedy has become his signature of works. This leads people pay more attention at Shakespearean Tragedy than Shakespearean Comedy. How many people know that Shakespearean Comedies also have many classical quotes?

I watched the DVD of As You Like It in class, which is played by Globe Theater-- a theater which is associated with Shakespeare. I like the theater so much and watching a play in that theater has been listed on MUST DO THINGS for my London trip.

did some research about Shakespeare before writing my assignment.... realized that some people doubt that if he is a gay... hmmm.... why do you care? no matter who he is, he wrote great and classical works!

Shakespeare was is the greatest english writer-- that is the only thing i need to know.


No comments:

Post a Comment